I'm OK with this type of Scale - Home Improvement Blog
News Update
Loading...

Monday, March 21, 2011

I'm OK with this type of Scale

In honor of my Mom's birthday today, I wanted to show a collection that was inspired by her.  (But first, here's a picture of her along with me and my husband from a few years ago)  :)





When we were growing up, she had all sorts of great antiques, especially old scales.  She and I were shopping at the Portland Expo a few years ago and she found this one.  She was so excited to have found it in such good shape.
The couple she bought it from were so nice!  They invited us to their house later that night to see their extensive collection of scales, coke machines, general store memorabilia, etc.  It was the most fun ever!!  Not long after this trip, my Mom was diagnosed with cancer.  Eight months later, she lost her battle.  My Dad gave me this scale right after she died.  It absolutely means the world to me.  Every time I look at it, I remember how happy she was to find it and how much fun we had looking at the couple's collections!



I had been collecting my own scales via ebay, the Portland Expo, antique shows, etc.  Here are a few others that I love.















These are all fun as they are so tiny.  I'm always excited when I find them at antique shows. 



Most of my scales are candy or general store type scales, but some are scientific and postal scales.  The scientific scale on the middle shelf here was one of the first ones I bought.  I love the milk glass trays.
The burgundy Toledo scale is another of my Mom's that my Dad gave me.  Love, love, love it too!



Thanks for coming by.  I really appreciate your visits and comments!

Pam




p.s.   I would like to add a BIG THANK YOU to Lisa at Serendipity Chic Design  for sending me these salad tongs for winning her recent giveaway.  I love her blog and love these tongs!




I am linking to the following parties:

Share with your friends

Give us your opinion

Notification
This is just an example, you can fill it later with your own note.
Done