Keep These Drop Cloths Off the Floor - Home Improvement Blog
News Update
Loading...

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Keep These Drop Cloths Off the Floor



I've seen so many great projects in blogland using drop cloths.  I found this one at Lowe's.  I think I paid $6 for it. 



I had my sewing machine out today and thought I'd try to make something.  Let me tell you, my sewing skills are very, very basic!  My 7th grade Home Ec teacher probably wouldn't be too happy, but really, all I am good at with the sewing machine is sewing simple straight lines!  

I cut out a piece of fabric and made sure I kept the side with the finished edge.  I used this for the top.  


I folded it in half, turned it wrong side out and sewed the bottom and side.  When I finished it, it was way too long for a bottle, so I sewed another seam about 5" up and cut it off there.  It fit the bottle nicely.  (of course I could've measured first to make it easier...)  :)

I added a piece of ribbon and it was done!  What an inexpensive and simple project. 


Here's another project I made.

I sewed three sides of the fabric and left the top alone.  On this one, I did not use the part of the fabric with the finished edge.


I then used a stencil and black craft paint.


Be sure to put foil or something between the layers of the fabric so the paint doesn't bleed through to the back.




 Spray it with a clear sealer and it's good to go.

I'm not sure how long it'll last outside, but I'm going to enjoy while it does.

I used less than half of the drop cloth to make both projects.


Thanks for visiting!

Pam

I am linking to the following parties:




Share with your friends

Give us your opinion

Notification
This is just an example, you can fill it later with your own note.
Done