Chicken Wire Update to an Old Window

Last winter (in the biggest snowstorm of the year!) I convinced my husband and daughter to go with me about 100 miles away to buy some old windows.  I ended up buying two for myself and getting two for a friend.  I used the first one for this project.

The second 'window' didn't have any glass in it, but had great old, chippy paint and worn wood that I loved!  It sat in the basement utility room for months.  I knew I wanted to do something with it, but wasn't sure quite what that was...

 

...Until I saw The Vintage Bag Lady's Post about how she used chicken wire on an old window.  I knew what my next project would be!

I bought a roll of wire at Home Depot for about $10.  I stapled the chicken wire to the frame.  (ok, yes, this is a picture of my husband stapling, but really I did most of the stapling, and he is not good about taking pictures of me doing these projects!)  :) 







There were some sharp edges on the back, so I put some Gorilla tape along the back so the wire wouldn't scratch up the wall.


And here it is up in my office.  I'm so happy with it!



 When I was hanging the pictures, etc on it, I thought regular clothespins were too big. I found these little ones at Michael's.  They worked perfectly!


While I was at it, I added this box that I made.   It's a good size to hold all of the 'stuff' that accumulates on my desk.



Thanks so much for visiting!

Pam


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Home Improvement Blog. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Click Bank Engine.