Chicken Wire Update to an Old Window - Home Improvement Blog
News Update
Loading...

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Chicken Wire Update to an Old Window

Last winter (in the biggest snowstorm of the year!) I convinced my husband and daughter to go with me about 100 miles away to buy some old windows.  I ended up buying two for myself and getting two for a friend.  I used the first one for this project.

The second 'window' didn't have any glass in it, but had great old, chippy paint and worn wood that I loved!  It sat in the basement utility room for months.  I knew I wanted to do something with it, but wasn't sure quite what that was...

 

...Until I saw The Vintage Bag Lady's Post about how she used chicken wire on an old window.  I knew what my next project would be!

I bought a roll of wire at Home Depot for about $10.  I stapled the chicken wire to the frame.  (ok, yes, this is a picture of my husband stapling, but really I did most of the stapling, and he is not good about taking pictures of me doing these projects!)  :) 







There were some sharp edges on the back, so I put some Gorilla tape along the back so the wire wouldn't scratch up the wall.


And here it is up in my office.  I'm so happy with it!



 When I was hanging the pictures, etc on it, I thought regular clothespins were too big. I found these little ones at Michael's.  They worked perfectly!


While I was at it, I added this box that I made.   It's a good size to hold all of the 'stuff' that accumulates on my desk.



Thanks so much for visiting!

Pam


Share with your friends

Give us your opinion

Notification
This is just an example, you can fill it later with your own note.
Done